Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Domingo ang 24th

We went to Dao this morning. The weather was nice and windy, so we had air moving through the L-shaped room used as a chapel. We understood little of the talks, but Sacrament Meeting was good and we renewed covenants.

The carpenters knocked down a mahogany tree in the yard yesterday and used a chain saw all day to say it up. They use the tip of the saw and sort of eyeball in boards. They will be at this for some time, but they have made a fine mess. We stayed at the church all day yesterday to stay out of the noise. The house we live in has no double pain glass or insulation, so it has the sound proofing of a tent. The blessing is that they are not working today.

I fasted and prayed last night and am still fasting actually. I have prayed to break my fast, but have not eaten anything yet.

I want to list part of a paragraph from the Bible Dictionary. Since many were praying for Jared yesterday, I have been thinking a lot about praying for family members. I often feel that I ought not pray for Porter to be healed and Ashlee's little girl and Stockton to speak and Chance to come back to full activity, and Raimee to have sight in both eyes, and for Jarod Jostes to be healed. I ask the Lord to miraculously heal my children and my grandchildren physically and spiritually and for may other people as well. I always say end with thy will be done, but I really want Him to give me what I want. I fasted to be close to Him today and to thank Him for Jarod and to bless my grand children . . .

I was prompted at Dao in Sacrament Meeting to read in the Bible Dictionary again, about prayer, page 752-3. . .  at the bottom of 752 and the top of 753 it reads, "Prayer is the act by which the will of the Father and the will of the child are brought into correspondence with each other. (That's us) The object of prayer is not to change the will of God but to secure for ourselves and for others blessings that God is already willing to grant but that are made conditional on our asking for them"

I had tears in my eyes. This doesn't say don't ask. Rather, it says ask and He is willing to bless. He wants to bless us. We are his children . . .  Clearly, I defer to Him. His thoughts are not my thoughts nor are his ways my ways . . . I get that, but I am going to keep on asking and hoping that he is willing to bless our babies. If  He does not allow what I ask, I believe He has a higher reason, a more important reason for not doing so. But, we better be askers. He has often given me/us, very quickly, what we desire and for that which we beseech Him. He is kind, He is loving, He is merciful. In the last year, I remember instances for my own children and now Jarod. Just sayin'. 

I don't fast an pray enough. This has been a great time for prayer and revelation. Thanks to Heavenly Father, His Son Jesus Christ and God the Holy Ghost. SWEET!

No comments:

Post a Comment