Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Martes, Ako 25th ni Marso

We attended district meeting this morning and had a good time with the Elders. The Sisters are in the other district and we alternate. The Elders we met with are from Busalong and Sibalom. They are very sharp.

We roll played investigators wih them. One of the teachings district leaders tried to get across was introducing themselves to new contacts using the missionary purpose:  "Invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and his atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end." I think I quoted it correctly. My Preach My Gospel is two rooms away and I am too lazy to check. Anyway, it is a great introduction . . . "We are here to invite you to. . . "

We went to the bank and figured out how to pay our pickup rent and we found the port of San Jose Buena Vista after lunch.



The dock/peer is about a hundred meters long and they don't use it much. It is on the point of a little bay in which all the local fishing fleet is moored. I bought shrimp yesterday for a tiny amount and will try to cook them tonight. I am thankful for the fishermen. My stomach is killing me from from the Pinoy food, or water, or both. Anyway, the dorado was great and no problem to my stomach.

We took some pictures of the students coming home from school in their uniforms. There are so many different color skirts, depending on the school attended. And, here are some other pictures just for fun.
 Jeepneys are crazy. I love them. They get all decorated and crammed with people.

I walked this morning with an old woman named Li and an young woman joined us, a white girl, from Montana by way of California. She is in the peace corps. Sister Sessions stayed home to get ready for district meetings. We had a great time talking and I invited them to a missionary outing we are having. I hope they come. We have invited a good many people. We will see if any of them come. Hope so.

That's the news from the Island of Panay. We had a storm and thunder this afternoon. I keep asking the Lord to make it a little less hot/humid. He has answered thus far. It is cooler, but the rain makes is plenty humid. Andam

No comments:

Post a Comment