Sunday, September 14, 2014

Domingo sa 14th

Got up this morning and began preparing for the day. We planned to go to Sibalom, but while in the shower, I got the impression that we ought to run up to Culasi. I don't know why. I knelt and asked to be sure, and got the same good feeling about Culasi. We hurried and I maniaced it all the way so we were right on time for meetings.

We met some good folks and had a good meeting with the Culasi Group. They did Sacrament and Testimony Meeting. I have been repenting, so it was good to take the Sacrament after two weeks.  Sister Sessions got called upon by Elder Boggs to lead the music. She did great . . . who knew? I prayed for her, but she didn't need any help. Pretty cool.

I am not sure why we were sent to Culasi. I asked Elder Boggs. He wondered as well. We shall see.

It rained like a cow peeing on a flat rock all the way. Some of the fields and roads were flooded. The rivers were raging along spewing muddy water into the sea. We had a safe trip though and I didn't splash anyone along the way.



Just studied a little early this morning before showering and ran across this. I was adding to my study of less active rescue and thinking about the phrase, "Never give up." I found this and like it so much I want to record it here:

Orson F. Whitney said, "You parents of the willful and the wayward! Don't give them up. Don't cast them off. They are not utterly lost. The Shepherd will find his sheep. They were His before they were yours--long before He entrusted them to your care; and you cannot begin to love them as He loves them. (I added the bold) They have but strayed in ignorance from the Path of Right, but God is merciful to ignorance. Our Heavenly Father is far more merciful, infinitely more charitable, than the best of His servants, and the Everlasting Gospel is mightier in power to save than our narrow finite minds can comprehend." (In Conference Report, April 1929, p. 110)

Hear this mom and dad and Sis, Grandpas and Grandmas? I count on His mercy, and, I am no longer wayward. I wander a bit, and I am still ignorant, but I try not to get out of sight of the path.

Halong Kamo

No comments:

Post a Comment