Friday, September 19, 2014

Biyernes sa 19th

We had a good trip to Iloilo yesterday. We bought supplies and had a meeting with the Mission Presidency. I am the secretary, so I took notes and enjoyed the Spirit of the Presidency. We sang Hymn 6, "Redeemer of Israel", then had prayer. President Aquino shared a scripture to further invite the Spirit, but I think he was teaching me . . . Doctrine & Covenants 12:8 . . .   

"And no one can assist in this work except he shall be humble and full of love, having faith, hope, and charity, being temperate in all things, whatsoever shall be entrusted to his care."

I gets. . . I will memorize this scripture and try to do better.

This morning I got up, typed up the notes from the meeting and sent them out. Then Sister S and I went around and tried to accomplish the assignments President Aquino gave us in the meeting. Some will take place over the next several weeks. Hopefully, some will take soon. I have had a tough time contacting several men via text. Sometimes they don't have load, or they are ignoring me.

We went with Djulito to Gaisano after he cleaned around the place. We met Brother Tagala, who was waiting for word if he and his rescue team would be flown to Manila to help in the floods. There is not a Typhoon yet, but the rain has been heavy, and the wind. We have had a lot of rain lately, but I don't think it is unusual. It is so much cooler that March and April, that I can't help being thankful for the weather. It is tough on the Filapinos though. In the rainy season, there is so much less work that the entire economy is affected adversely.

I have been a little off the last few days. A little dizzy and just off. I don't think we are getting enough exercise. We walked this afternoon and I worked out with the ball and did push-ups. I still hate push-ups. Thank you USAF.

Tonight we went to Leo's ice cream shop for a treat. Shouldn't have, but there is a man there, Domingo Labios Jr. He was a sailor for about 20-some years and he treats Sister Sessions and me like we are royalty. We asked him to join the church. He grinned and told us he had been a sailor for so long that he couldn't qualify. We told him how much the Lord loves him and asked if he would accept a Book of Mormon. He said he would, reluctantly. I wrote a note in one and we took it to him this evening, but he was not there. We went ahead and had ice cream . . . why not?

We will go see him tomorrow after our three house of reading in the chapel waiting for family history library visitors that won't be coming.  Hopefully he will be there. We plan to walk tomorrow afternoon and get ready for Domingo. We are taking President Villoso to Bugasong and to Hamtic to visit and interview Branch Presidents and clerks.





No comments:

Post a Comment