Monday, May 26, 2014

P-Day the 26th of Mayo

Last day for painting class. Only one boy showed. Went to the ocean again and painted plein aire. He painted a wonderful simple picture of one of the fishing boats. His composition was great and I hope his mother frames it. It was that good.

After that I went to the telephone shop and bought a thousand pesos worth of load (telephone usage time). We ran out of load yesterday about mid-afternoon. Something I don't want to do again on the Sabbath. I got caught up on our texts and the Elders came over for laundry. Sister Sessions cleaned all day. She seems to like that stuff for some reason. I finished my painting from this morning.

We are going to a family home evening with the Elders tonight to an investigator's house. They have asked me to give a spiritual thought. The lady has two daughters and I got looking at some LDS thoughts and decided to share, "Daughter of God" by President Hinckley. . ."Of all the creations of the Almighty, there is none more beautiful than a lovely daughter of God who walks in virtue with an understanding of why she should do so, who honors and respects her body as a thing sacred and divine, who cultivates her mind and constantly enlarges the horizon of her understanding, who nurtures her spirit with everlasting truth."

It is probably a thought used by the young women's organization, but I liked it and I think it appropriate for tonight. I found another, by President Benson that nailed me. I believe this is true, but I am in no way ready to face Him. Well,  . . . enough for now.

http://www.ldssmile.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/LDS-Mormon-Spiritual-Inspirational-thoughts-and-quotes-11.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment