Sunday, June 22, 2014

Domingo ang 22nd

Good Sabbath. Good church meetings. We have the missionaries coming over for a cottage meeting this evening to plan for continued visiting and invitations.

I went with Brother Saturnino Demata this afternoon visiting. We had a good time and I think we were successful, and perhaps even a blessing to some. But, I was so terribly struck by the poverty of those we visited. I know that it is the wrong thing to do, so I didn't, but it is so difficult not to just pull out a 1000 peso bill (about $20) and say, "Here. . . Pay your tithe and live for a month with food and water."

When we see people at church, they are all dressed in their best and look prosperous enough. One would never guess at their home circumstances. We pray for them and we pray that The Lord will help us and them, to be more faithful and prosperous, in that order.

Of course, not all the people are in such straits, but is a huge percentage that are. I know The Lord will bless them if they do their part.

Sister Agsunud had her children sitting beside her in Sacrament this morning. Her daughter (high school age and very petite), and her son sat next to his sister. About half way through the time, the daughter moved to the other side of her mother. She and her brother then snuggled up and lay their heads their mother's shoulder. Two thoughts ran through my head. One was, "I wish I could still do that with my mom.  Second, moms are the same all over the world.

9:40 pm:   Good meeting this evening. I think we are on the right track. Heading to Iloilo in the morning to take our visa papers to the office. We will get some supplies and head back.

No comments:

Post a Comment