Monday, November 17, 2014

P-Day

17 Nobyembre

We just got home from Iloilo. We took the application for branch status for Culasi to President Aquino. We also took seminary/institute information to the Jalandoni Chapel CES office. Then we had lunch at MacDonalds with Elder and Sister Robinson. We got groceries at SM and headed home.

Sunday we sent to Hamtic, hoping to meet up with James, but he was a no show. I worry that he is a stroker, but he seems a good man. We will let it all play out as the young Elders plan. When we got to Hamtic Chapel, the branch presidency asked if I would speak. Elders Tracy and Dacutan were speaking. I was asked to be the concluding speaker.

I spoke on the parable of the Prodigal Son and I think it went okay. The Lord is so concerned with lost sheep (us), and everybody knows at least one to invite back. The Lord watches us to return to him and he welcomes us . . .

I attended the high council meeting in the afternoon. We looked at the handbook and made some good plans and President Villavert gave good instruction. It is exciting to see us moving in the right direction, no matter how slowly we are advancing.

Sister S and I had Family Home Evening a few minutes ago. We watched and discussed Sister Esplin's talk on the Sacrament from the last conference. Her talk impressed me then and it was powerful this evening as well. We were impressed that Sister Esplin explained the Sacrament allows us enabling power to go about the our lives the following week and keep the commandments, remember the Savior, and serve Him by serving others. I was very impressed when she reminded us that when the Aaronic Priesthood prepares, blesses, and passes the Sacrament, they act for and in behalf of the Savior in doing so. What an honor that is to contemplate. I don't know that I have ever heard this taught to our Aaronic Priesthood brethren. Good FHE for us this week.

A few pictures:
The Sky outside SM this afternoon. The Philippine skies are spectacular. It was a 360 show today.


A couple of my batch. I was at recycle center in San Jose with Djulito yesterday, cashing in bottles and cans for a few pesos. I just had to get these two down for posterity and drawing.

This is sort of a famous picture with one researches Iloilo on the Internet. It comes up in Iloilo architecture. This is the cemetery at San Juaquin. This also might be a good art subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment